It’s important to every one to know how to manage project; because.. whatever your position you’ll need to manage a project one day, it can be a small or big project, anyways, here are some tips to help you manage your project successfully:
- Define the scope (Goals, objectives, what’s included and what’s not)
- Determine available resources.
- Check timeline.
- Assemble your project team.
- List big steps (Better if ordered, but not necessary)
- List smaller steps in each of the larger steps.
- Put all of your steps in a preliminary plan ( What happens first? what’s next? Which step can go at the same time using different resources? Who is going to do each step? How long will it take?)
- Create a baseline plan (adjusting the preliminary plan by getting feed back)
- Request project adjustments ( after writing your plan you’ll find out that you have to change some points in your scope, tell your boss and try to change them before beginning if possible)
- Work your plan, but never die for it (Plan can get changed, just focus on the scope and the resources)
- Monitor your team’s progress (Catch issues before they become problems)
- Document everything (specially plan changes)
- Keep everyone informed (Stakeholders, your team)
For more about project management check the link below: